A change is in the air… and I am breathing it in with excitement!
I want to begin by thanking you for following this blog. To be honest, I had no intention of writing. My passion was to speak with my mouth, not my hands.
He had such different plans in place for my ministry and I’ve been richly blessed because of it. I’ve grown so much because of this opportunity to serve you through my devotional blog. Thank you for inviting me into your home each morning.
Okay… I have three amazing things I want to share with you!
1) Starting today, I will be writing a weekly online devotional on Tuesdays for CWAHM (Christian Work at Home Moms). It’s titled “Let’s Get Real With Our Kids” and it will be about raising Godly kids. You can find that devotional by clicking here today.
If you subscribe to my blog, each Tuesday I’ll send the link right to you.
Sisters, CWAHM is an amazing tool if you’re looking for spiritual encouragement and work at home resources. They are designed to help moms (and dads) find and request information regarding work at home (telecommuting) jobs, home businesses, and other information of special interest to Christian parents who desire to work from home.
2) Because of some exciting upcoming opportunities to write and speak, there will be a little change in my devotional schedule. Starting this week, my devotionals will be emailed on:
And if I get a wild hair or feel the need to share more, I’ll post on other days. I might even have a guest blogger or two! But the above schedule is set.
3) I am so excited about this opportunity! Each year, Proverbs 31 Ministries hosts a premier speaker/writer conference called SheSpeaks. It is an intensive training weekend designed to encourage and equip women to make the most of their passion to spread His Word.
(This is the magazine that gave me my first ink credit! They published my article in their Feb 2011 edition of P31 Magazine. You can read it here.)
Anyhoo… because of a generous friend, I was able to go and polish my speaking skills in 2010. This year, God has laid it on my heart to attend She Speaks in July to gain a better understanding of and a stronger confidence in my writing.
I’ll be honest, it’s expensive. But it’s worth every penny!
Will you prayerfully consider partnering with me through a financial contribution towards a scholarship? Any amount would be such a gift.
If you feel led to join me in this exciting call, there are three ways to participate.
- Pray for provision and for God to prepare my teachable heart.
- Call Proverbs 31 Ministries at 877-731-4663 to contribute by credit card
- Send a check payable to Proverbs 31 Ministries to:
Proverbs 31 Ministries
She Speaks Scholarship/Carey Scott
616-G Matthews-Mint Hill Road
Matthews, NC 28105
You will be receipted for your tax-deductible donation.
Lysa TerKeurst (P31 founder) announced that she is giving 2 conference scholarships away on her blog this week. By presenting this fundraising opportunity to you and linking to her page, I am entered to win.
I’m learning that when God moves… I move. That where God goes… I go.
And no matter what… I will follow.
See you Thursday.